Are you experiencing financial difficulties and considering filing for bankruptcy?
The Bankruptcy Assistance Program is a grant-funded, needs-based program, providing low-cost legal assistance, provided by our volunteers, to those with low income and few assets.
To qualify for a reduction in legal fees, you must
- be single and filing for bankruptcy, or married and with both spouses filing for bankruptcy
- be a renter and not a homeowner
- have less than $1000 in cash or in the bank
- have monthly expenses that exceed your monthly income
- own cars worth less than $3675 (a single person) or $7350 (a married couple)
- have income based on household size of less than
If you fall within these guidelines, make an appointment to meet with a volunteer to determine your eligibility.
If you are not sure you meet these criteria, you can speak with an attorney about your situation by scheduling a FREE one-hour bankruptcy consultation. Our fees are sliding-scale based on income and household size, and we offer payment plans as well.